Find Frameless Glass Pool Fences and Pool Decking at Gold Coast Patios
If you are planning to put a pool in your backyard, or have done so recently, you’re in for years of fun and pleasure – but you’ll also need some additional features such as a pool fence and pool decking in the Gold Coast. For the best quality and longest-lasting pool decks and fencing, it’s essential to choose the right deck builder in the Gold Coast, and that’s where Gold Coast Patios and Blinds comes in.
Benefits of Glass Fencing on the Gold Coast
Children are much more likely to become seriously injured around pools that are not adequately secured. Traditionally, swimming pool fences are made of materials such as wood or steel. However, frameless glass is a newer trend and one that offers homeowners many advantages. Here are some of the reasons that you should consider a frameless glass fence for your pool.
- It looks better. A transparent glass fence gives you a clear view straight through to your pool, giving your backyard area a cleaner, more minimal look – as opposed to a wood or steel fence, which may contribute to a cluttered or “busy” look in your pool area.
- It’s safer because you can see through it. The same transparency that makes glass fences so much more attractive also makes them safer. Unlike opaque fences, a glass fence always offers you an uninterrupted view of your pool.
- It won’t have any edges or gaps. Any gaps or edges on a glass fence are negligible and do not present the same risk as other fencing materials regarding kids getting stuck or pinching little fingers or toes.
- It’s low-maintenance. Frameless pool fences are extremely easy to maintain compared with other materials. You won’t have to worry about mould, fungus, or insects; simply clean occasionally to keep your fence sparkling and clear.
Tips for Planning Your Pool Decking in the Gold Coast
If your pool is still in the planning stages, you’ve no doubt realised that where to put it is one of the most important decisions you’ll need to make. Here are some tips to help you pick the perfect spot for your pool.
- Think about privacy. You may not want to place your pool too close to the street or your neighbour’s yard (although if this is your only option, you can always use fencing or plantings to conceal it).
- Consider access for construction equipment. Keep in mind that construction equipment won’t be able to pass over certain obstacles such as septic tanks.
- Plan easy access from the house. Even if you intend to add a pool house so that you have a convenient place to change, you’ll still appreciate easy access to your home. Placing your pool too far from the house or near an inconvenient entrance can make it more complicated and less fun to use.
Keep in mind that even if your back yard is a standard shape such as a rectangle, it doesn’t mean your pool must also be. Inground pools can be designed and constructed in just about any shape and your glass fencing or timber decking in the Gold Coast can be as well.
Why Frameless Glass Pool Fences in the Gold Coast Are Cost-Effective
Any pool fence will require an upfront investment, but the lifespan and performance of the fence makes all the difference when it comes to its value over time. Frameless pool fences are surprisingly cost-effective because they:
- Are safer. An injury on your property is a huge liability. Besides someone getting hurt, it can also cost you a fortune in legal fees, medical bills, and more. Glass fences make it easier to see your entire yard and pool area, making the chances of an injury occurring less likely.
- Last a long time. Glass fences are not subject to rotting, mildewing, or other damage over time due to moisture and sun exposure.
- Are inexpensive to maintain. Besides the occasional cleaning, your glass fence will require very little in the way of maintenance or cleaning or care supplies.
A glass pool fence is a beautiful addition to your pool that will provide you with great value for money over time.
A Short Buyer’s Guide for Frameless Glass in the Gold Coast
A frameless glass fence is a perfect solution to keep your swimming pool safe and maintain a continuous view of the whole area. Glass fences are very simple, comprising mainly glass panels and spigots, the metal pegs that are anchored to the ground, keeping the glass panels suspended slightly above the ground. You have some options when it comes to glass fences and spigots:
- Spigot size. Spigots come in different sizes to suit your specific needs and aesthetic preference.
- Spigot colour. Choose the colour you like best or that suits the existing colours in your yard or on the outside of your home.
- Frameless or semi-frameless glass. You can decide whether you like the look of semi-frameless or completely frameless glass fencing.
About Gold Coast Patios
When it comes to decking companies in the Gold Coast, they aren’t all created equal. Since 1998, Gold Coast Patios has been providing quality Australian-made products including patios, decks, pool fences, privacy screens, outdoor blinds, and more. Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss your vision for a beautiful outdoor area.